Sunday, June 6, 2010

Collecting on a Bet (Eat at Crow)


Many years ago, my friend Laura and I made a bet about which one of us would get married first. I bet that she would and she bet that I would. We decided that the loser would have to buy dinner for the winner. Earlier this year, I got a text message from Laura that read "So, I guess I owe you dinner..."  Of course, I screamed because it meant that she was ENGAGED! OMG!!! Laura and Reuben got married last week, but I actually collected on my bet a few months earlier, when Laura visited me in Seattle and we ate at Crow on lower Queen Anne. The restaurant describes itself as "an eclectic mix with influences ranging from Americana to French to Asian and beyond - always prepared in an honest Northwest style." Crow is relatively trendy, but when people ask me what kind of food it is, I eloquently describe it as, "normal food."

It was pretty crowded, so we ate at the bar, which was fun because we got to see the chefs making some of the food, including my pan-roasted chicken, which had some kind of delightful sauce and was served with green beans. Laura had the house-made lasagna, classic, but also excellent (I ate her leftovers). I wish I could describe the food better, but that's what I get for waiting a few months to blog about a meal. The menu changes frequently anyway, so you'll just have to go and try it for yourself. Every time I have been there I've been quite happy with the food and the service. Oh, and Crow has a sister restaurant called Betty on Upper Queen Anne that is just as good.


No comments:

Post a Comment